Thursday, May 14, 2009

Say ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!







Well I did it. I took the plunge and finally went to the dentist. It's a matter of urgency that I've managed to put off since November but since the pain is actually now occuring in my jaw instead of the gum itself, I decided enough was enough.

My past experiences with dentists haven't been very good. I know most people say that but really, mine have been awful. I once got a filling before the anaesthetic had kicked in properly... she was a right bitch that dentist was. Knew what she was doing all right.

The time before that I went to the dentist and proceeded to fill all of my molars with truly beautiful silver fillings.

The time before that I was getting a tooth extraction and the fucker pulled so hard that the tooth snapped and got stuck in my gum. What then followed was a half an hour of rummaging around in my gum while the blood poured down my top and my teeth wedging on the dentists finger.

Now whoever reads this must think I brush my teeth with Red Bull or something, however dear readers, it is not true! My problem is that whenever I get stressed, sleepy, or even just out of boredom, I clamp down on my teeth. I mean really clamp down. This has caused my teeth to become as brittle as fuck.

Why do we even have teeth anyway? I mean, really. In that whole very quick process of evolution that took all of 10minutes, could we not have lost the choppers? If we had maybe just really hard gums or something! Or maybe if they were made out of bone instead of whatever the hell teeth are made of. It would save us, more importantly me, an awful lot of trouble. AND money! All they do is break or get infected!

So anyway. Now I'm left with a tough decision to make. Do I start taking the two sets of antibiotics that I was prescribed today or do I wait until Sunday to take them. There are two reasons why I want to wait.

1) Because I really want to go out this weekend and I have been warned twice by both the dentist and the pharmacist not to drink while on them as they make you feel very sick.

2) Because my surgical extraction is scheduled for Tuesday and if I was to leave it until Sunday to start taking my antibiotics, that means I can't have the procedure done until Friday, making me miss a wedding and giving me less recovery time before I start back work on Sunday.

Keep in mind the wedding can be avoided anyway.

Damn! This is all just so confusing! I don't know what to do... I think I may have to start taking them today though. My jaw bone is throbbing and the x-ray showed a really bad infection. The dentist said she was surprised that my jaw hadn't swollen up already.

Crap.

Ok, I didn't like the dentist before, but I fucking hate them now. Sixty euro to see them today and its going to be another TWO HUNDRED to get it removed. Yes, my tooth is that bad that it needs a surgical procedure to get it removed.

Yay.

This has just ruined my day. I was wearing my happy dress and everything!!! There better no be a picture of Rob and Kristen together today, I wouldn't be able to handle the ramifications of it!

No comments: