Saturday, April 11, 2009

Don't cry for me Argentina

Ugh! I'm home from work and quite frankly I don't want to go back. Its the Easter bank holiday here in Ireland and that gives the general public the god given right to become fucking assholes. Ah yes, it's all coming out now. If your reading this and you are looking for a job, do not, I repeat DO NOT get a job working with the public. Ever. Especially working for a car hire company. People think they are the only person in the entire world who has broken down and play up the fact that their own car has broken so they can 'get free stuff' or better value. Riiiigghht. Because I haven't heard of all of that before.

What especially pisses me off is that they don't seem to realise that because its a bank holiday and they have decided to go off 'adventuring' or whatever it is married couples with 7 ratty children do, it is also likely that over a million people have more or less decided to have the same idea. So don't fucking give out to me if your waiting five extra minutes for me to call you or there are no cars available in your area. Get over it. Have your car serviced once in a while to prevent stuff like this happening in the first place.

They think their weekend is ruined. Do they not actually realise that they are speaking to someone who is fucking WORKING for the whole bank holiday?! Someone who doesn't get paid any extra for it either. Someone who is inundated with mundane people with the same complaints. Stop giving out and sit back and look at the situation. You don't even have to get the car hire. You are entitled to get public transport too, but no, people prefer having their own little bubble on the road and going through 10times more hassle to get that bubble instead of sitting on a bus with 20 more people. Get a fucking mp3 player and block it out like the rest of us. Get off your higher class horse, yes I'm talking to you Landrover drivers. You lot do my nut in, you really do. Audi drivers aren't even as bad as you. You think because your propelled 2 feet higher in the air when you in that environment killing machine, that you have a god given right on the road and attitude when speaking to anyone else who doesn't own one. Go fuck yourself.

I get immense pleasure by putting a Landrover driver in to a Nissan Micra. I cackle with glee. Quite pathetic actually. But yes this is what I do for kicks now. How sad is that?! hahahahaha

But angry rant over now, I'm watching Twilight and Rob is on the screen so I can't stay angry for long... ('',) Oh and also I've found out that How To Be and Little Ashes is on presale in Amazon.co.uk... YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Having missed out on the film festival circuit I am DELIGHTED!!! This almost makes the shit day in work worth it!

2 comments:

mge said...

Don't cry for me, Ireland!

I know you were angry, but you actually made me laugh. I've been in your situation... I worked for an entire month, ten hours a day, six days a week, in a bookshop during march, when the class period starts here. It was like working in hell, literally.

The good thing was that I enjoy books and reading, so during the free time I borrowed some and got lost in their pages.

Greetings from Argentina :P

Display Name said...

I'm so happy to be able to make you laugh! ('',) I can only imagine what that must have been like... absolute chaos!!!!! At least you got to borrow books while you were working there! Since I work in a car rental company and yet, cannot drive, I'm kind of screwed with that situation! heehee :P They actually hate me because I can't drive... It's always good to know that I can give something back in that regard! hahahaha

Thank you for your comment! ('',)