Sunday, June 20, 2010

It Started With A Glass Of Wine

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

It started with a large glass of wine.

I had made plans to go out and have a night full of joyfulness, as you do for a Saturday evening. I have had literally NO money since the first week of this month. I got paid alright but a shopping spree and a drunken weekend later, I found myself on a hard ass budget for the rest of the month. But I said to myself, 'If you have a drink BEFORE HAND and then maybe have a well placed shot in the club, the nagin of vodka will go far'.

Ahem.

So I'm sitting in my house all dolled up, looking like an utter ride of course and I decide a glass of wine would help dramatically for the 'cheap night' cause. So I had that and found myself stumbling a bit towards the bus stop in to town. Awesome.

Met up with a friend of mine first in the Twisted Pepper after getting eyeballed out of it by the bouncer... 'You on your own love?', 'Yes I am and thank you for pointing that out in an extra loud voice so that the entire smoking area thinks I'm a friendless retard'. Asshole.

I go up to pay. I'm asked if I'm on a list. A list! For the Twister Pepper!! I condescendingly say no and the bitch looks me up and down and says 'tenner' IMMEDIATELY after letting the guy in before me for a fiver! I wasn't liking this place already.

So fucking moron that I am, I paid it. I should have just walked out before doing so but I wouldn't have witnessed the best of all sights... These 'retro', 'awesome' people lined the walls, scanning everyone that went in. I, of course, eyeballed the fuck out of all of them. They all saw that they didn't know me and went on posing to each other.

What a place! They all KNEW each other! I felt like I had stumbled in to a birthday bash for a 70 year old and tried to pass myself off as a grand-daughter! Hilarious!! Found my friend and we headed upstairs.

It was a glorified cubbie hole.

Seriously it looked like someone had converted their attic (badly, mind) and slapped red paint on the walls and a DJ booth at the back. It was vile! It looked like an S+M room more than anything! They had a WASHING LINE (?!?!) going across the dancefloor with illuminous pegs hanging up these manky curtains that could be found in a Heatons bargain bin.

Fuuuuuuuuccck!

There was about 10 people in there throwing themselves around the cubbie hole's dancefloor as though they were midway through a spastic fit!

Oh I'm shuddering at the thought of it all!

Everyone there was dressed in American Apparel and that their 'awesome' haircuts styled to perfection. There was a ratio of 2 cameras to each person there! Seriously, the AMOUNT of them! And they were all the flashy, expensive models too, none of this '70 euro from Argos job' in the cubbie hole... oh no!!

I literally found myself a wall, leaned against it and watched this tragedy unfold. It was horrific! Eventually my friend swiped us beers because she knew whoever it was that was playing the 'music' and I proceeded to neck that out of sheer fear for my soul. Some guy in a sun visor came over and wiped all of this fake blood all over me... Ok, fair enough if it was green of something. I could look like I got gunged or gave the HULK a sponge-bath, but RED?! It fucking looked like some chick had her period on my arm!!!!

I pleaded a trip to the jacks, so off we went with yet another free bottle of booze. Yippie. I found myself not caring as much about the blood at this stage but still, I tried to wash it off.

No go.

I mean, AT ALL!!

That sun visor wearing bastard STAINED my skin with what looked like monthly juice. 'Oh hi, yes sorry, could you pass me a sanitary towel for my arm? My arm vagina is leaking again!'

Fuuuuucck sake!

Anyway I left that place pretty speedy (ha!) and headed over to the Academy... this is where the general 'Oh No!' moments happened.

Ok I can't really remember what happened so I'll just tell you the way I remember it and yes, its all in bullet points in my brain.

*Downing another free bottle outside the academy and thinking to myself 'maybe that wasn't a good idea...'

*Meeting the Glamrocks girls at the bar and ordering a vodka...

*Spiking my vodka with more vodka in the middle of the dancefloor by pretending to tie a non existent shoe lace...

*Seeing a group of people that I have no liking for what so fucking ever and shouting and hugging them as if they were my best friends, meanwhile they give me declarations of love and say that we need to go out for drinks. I remember also being absolutely horrified by all of this...

*Spilling all drinks within a 40 foot radius by knocking in to them, one falling on Louise's white coat (sorry again Louise!)

*Trying to wedge the now empty bottle of vodka in the sanitary towel dispenser in the bathroom...

*Meeting my friends on the dancefloor and proceeding to through my hair around like I was in a Florence and the Machine video...

*Seeing another old friend of mine who most likely saw me and thought 'jesus... she's in train-wreck mode again'.

*Knocking in to more people on the dancefloor

*Getting my friend who was in the Twisted Pepper for free by pulling a fast one on the bouncer

*Being in the toilet with said friend from the Twisted Pepper and somehow finding ourselves in a situation that we have both sworn never to speak about and yet find absolutely hilarious!

*Loosing my friend from the Twisted Pepper.

*Swiping pints from the stage that OBVIOUSLY belonged to someone...*head in hands at this stage*

*Somehow being in Burger King laughing my ass off at Una doing her best Edward Cullen impression with chips and ketchup...

*Stomping my way on to the nightlink and hauling ass upstairs where I proceeded to give myself four chins as my body collapsed in on myself

*Being on the nightlink and deciphering the blur outside the windows as being close to home and heading downstairs.

*Standing at the doors of the bus, thinking to myself 'I'm so great, look at me, I can act sober! I bet everyone is thinking "Wow! She's not even drunk, why is she on the bus this late, looking amazing!"'



I'm going to stop the bullet points here because I remember VERY clearly what happened next...

Basically I managed to spew out a drunken 'Thanks very much' to the driver. I stepped off the bus. Now, I didn't notice this until afterwards of course but the driver never actually pulled in. He merely just stopped in the middle of the road.

So the first foot went down.

The second one went down.

I went to lift the first foot off the ground and step forward but it caught itself on the path (that I did not know was there) and proceeded to watch as the ground hurdled towards me.

I literally fell flat on to my fucking face!

MORTIFIED!!

My knees somehow caught the path and the crumpled what stature I had left and I was left sprawled face first on the grass with my dress considerably higher than normal.

I was lying there, hair splayed around me, covered in fake blood on my upper half, real blood on my knee and my dress halfway up my back. I was one of those moments where you first think 'What the fuck?!' immediately followed by an 'Ooookaaaay'.

It was then that I managed to roll around on to my back and looked ahead.

There was the bus driver looking out at me with his eyes as wide as fucking saucers and his mouth in the shape of a big O. Effing bastard. I did what any girl tried to do, I tried to recapture my dignity that was left pouring out the hole now placed at the knee of my tights. I started screaming at him... Well it was more a slurred version of 'You fucking asshole, try pulling up to the path the next time! I'm gonna get you!'

And do you know what he did?

He closed the door. He closed the door and had that same reaction on his face as he pulled off, staring at me the entire time while I tried to pull down my dress as the rest of the bus pulled past.

And what did I do then I hear you cry? Well... I did the only thing you can do in a situation like that... I fell back on the grass and lay there pissing myself laughing. I must have been there for a good five minutes before I actually remembered that there might be people watching.

So I got up and did a quick scan. To my drunken eye there was no one there so off I zig zagged home, limping and crying laughing at the complete horror I had turned myself in to that night.

Eventually made it home and snuck in to the house trying not to wake anyone. Stripped myself of my bra and left it as a good morning present to the household on the kitchen table. Hung it off the back of a chair more like, like a badge of fucking honour! There you effing go! hahaha

I then crept upstairs and immediately passed out.

Woke up the next morning with my little sister hanging over my line of vision, sitting on my stomach and poking me in the face with a crayon.

When did she get here?!

Then I remembered she stayed the night so I dragged her under the duvet and tried to convince her that she wanted to go back to bed... no go.

She got me up, put slippers on me (bless!) and we went downstairs to pass out on the couch. So we sat there for a good hour watching spongebob, busting our bums laughing, me covered in arm vagina juice and reeling from a scabby knee and bruised ribs, all while I robbed her breakfast forgetting that I should be mortified...

Good times! :)



Bookmark and Share

No comments: